August 31, 2011

Photos from the US and Guatemala

SALT/IVEP Orientation in Akron, PA: my small group,
from France, Cambodia, Dominican Republic, Egypt, the US, and Canada!

91 SALTers and IVEPers, from 23 different countries, took part in the week-long orientation in Akron 



Attending a worskhop in the MCC Office in Guatemala City


View of the city

We went to Panabaj, in Santiago Atitlan, to drop off a new MCC worker at her placement with
ANADESA, a partner organization of MCC, and spent the afternoon helping out with children's activities.



My adorable little amigo Pedro! When I first got there, he started copying everything I said
and did (a little annoying/random at first!) so then I started making faces at him, and we just made faces at
each other all afternoon. We were both supposed to make funny faces for this picture, but nope, he decided
to look cute instead, and make me look like an idiot all by myself! haha



Pedro y Melissa

Maria and I...a popular name here in Guate!

The 3 new MCC Guatemala/El Salvador volunteers! Roxanne is beginning her 4 months here in Santiago Atitlan as a short-term volunteer, and Aaron is a SALTer, and will also be volunteering here with ANADESA, begining in October. 

Santiago Atitlán, Guatemala


No comments:

Post a Comment